Bryana Gonzalez, an admissions counselor at MassArt has kindly shared this information about the upcoming National Portfolio Night. I am hopeful that those individuals interested or possibly interested in pursuing art school can attend.
From Ms. Gonzalez:
National Portfolio Day is a fantastic way for your students to gain feedback on their portfolios…from counselors like myself! Art and Design Schools from all across the country will be represented!
Below is a list of all the locations in which MassArt will be attending! Best of all, it is a free event! I would encourage you, to encourage your serious art students to attend an NPD nearest them.
Because you are (relatively) local to us, I encourage students to visit schools they can not physically get too…they can always come on campus (and do a tour/see student work) at MassArt to do a review with us. However, if they would like to review with us at a Portfolio Day, they are more than welcome to join us!
A couple of tips:
– Students should show up early! Lines for registration can be long.
– Students should plan to see 3-4 schools. All National Portfolio days run for a max of 4 hours.
– Bigger name schools will have longer lines, best to get into those lines at the beginning.
– Students should plan to bring physical work with them OR uploading their work to a personal laptop/ipad etc. Counselors do not always have laptops available to see work.
– Students should plan to spend about 10-15 minutes with each prospective school. They should be able to talk about their work in an articulate way.
National Portfolio Day Dates (Mass Art attending near you):
Hartford NPD (October 21st), Boston NPD (October 22nd), NYC PD (November 12th).
Please click (HERE) to view a full list of dates and locations (scroll to bottom of page)
I will personally be at each of these events and I hope your students are able to take a part of this awesome opportunity!
Additionally, please feel free to take a tour of our campus and facilities via our new Virtual Tour!
I look forward to seeing you in the future!
All the best,